Occasionally pool water may become cloudy due to a build up of microscopic particles suspended in the water, which are so small that they pass through the filter. This is where a flocculent may be needed.
Flocculents containing Aluminium Sulphate are not suitable for use with floatron. We recommend Jolly gel, which has proved to work excellently alongside floatron.
To use just place a cube in the pump or strainer basket. The Jolly gel slowly dissolves as the water passes over it on its journey to the filter. The Jolly gel places a porous, clear membrane screen over the filter media, and penetrates the bed to an average depth of some 15cm (6”). The glutinous structure will remove the finest particles of dust and algae spores.
• Because of the product’s unique formulation, miniscule particles of dust can be removed from the pool water.
• Continues to work for up to 3 weeks
• Removes algae spores
• Reduces chlorine consumption
• Prepares water to camera ready standards
• Creates no clouding or residual dust
• Places a clear membrane screen across the media to a depth of some 15cm (6”)
• Encapsulates the fine particles and holds them to the bed by means of a mild, glutinous formulation that is flushed away during backwash cycle.
When using Jolly gel for the first time, it is important that the operator observes the pressure reading within the first six hours, or dependent on the filter cycle. The reason is that the product has a far faster collection capability than aluminium sulphate tablets, so the operator may be unaware that the pressure in the filter could build unnoticed.
Once the water has been tidied by Jolly Gel, normal maintenance can be resumed.
Jolly Gel costs £10 inc. VAT and comes in packs of 4 cubes and each cube will clarify 60m3 (13,000 gallons) for up to 21 days.